[THIN] Re: PN shorcuts not appearing??

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:24:46 -0800 (PST)

Try renaming one of the apps and recreating it with the Wizard.  I seem to
remember that the tick box choice for adding the icon to the users start menu
only shows up when you are creating the published app.
  Jim

Nick Crisp <thinlist.org@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  yeah i agree it should be this simple Jim, i dont have a problem with them
using any specific client, the problem is that it used to work by default and
still does with my version 3 server and any new apps on version 4 do not appear
in the menu or the applications list.
I have played with the settings for program neighborhood checking and
unchecking everything that looks like it might have an effect but it makes no
difference to what appears..

 in fact in version 3.0 program neighborhood settings have nothing checked yet
the application appears when looking at the list that appears in the menu
yet in version 4 i can check and uncheck every option in PN settings to no avail

so i figured this was controlled somewhere else

  On 11/24/05, Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com < jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    They
must be using the PNagent client.  Also when you publish an application (in
version 3 and version 4) there is a tick box in the wizard that asks if you
want the app to appear in the users start menu.
  JK

Nick Crisp < thinlist.org@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  further to this i am running 2 separate farms for each PS version but these
are combined at the web Interface level
and apps from both servers appear for a single user without a problem

  On 11/24/05, Nick Crisp < thinlist.org@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:   Hi All
I have recently been migrating applications from PS3.0 to PS4.0 but for some
unkown reason the applications shortcuts are not appearing in the users desktop
when they are published from version 4.0.. we publish everything normally via
the web interface, but some users were accessing applications from there start
menu shortcuts

The thing is..  i never set this up it just happened when users started using
the version 9 client, they noticed it had this nifty list of applications
appearing, both in the start menu and by right clicking the icon in their
taskbar

Now that i am moving to PS4.0 users are complaing that it is no longer
available..

can anyone tell me how this is setup? i have played with the PN settings via
management console in version 4.0 but it makes no difference and version 3 has
no settings that enable this behavior as far as i know

any ideas? thanks in advance

Nick