[THIN] Re: Oddest Problem Ever

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:06:26 +0100

I have just seen this too....Interesting thing is that it affects users
logging on using a win2k domain but not any users logging on using NT4
domain credentials.  I think it may be related to the AD policies (policies
affects NT 4 users and 2k users differently).  There is a technet article
suggesting an MS hotfix which updates the windows installer.  I am only
running Win2k SP2 and SP3 updates installer to a newer version which may fix
this.  What service pack are you running for 2K?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827825
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827825>

<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837115>

These may help as well.

Malcolm

  _____

Date:           2004-06-10
Time:           3:28:50 PM
User:           IDIR\BGTANNER
Computer:       NUTMEG
Windows cannot unload your registry file.  If you have a roaming profile,
your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.

DETAIL - , Build number ((2195)).

After I log the user off the profile stays locked in the registry for a
while and then eventually I can manually unload it.

Any chance you have a clue what is going on?

I was trying to use UPHClean but as it only does stuff when they log off
does not help now.

Doug Stratton
Operations Engineering
Workstations Services Branch
CITS, Solutions BC, Province of BC
4000 Seymour Place, Victoria  B.C.
Telephone: (250) 356-6678
Email: Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
==

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data.  No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry

                               Visit our websites at:

http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM

http://www.rbsmarkets.com