[THIN] Oddest Problem Ever

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:37:10 -0700

W2k sp3, xp fr3

I am trying to hunt down why profiles are not unloading when users log off.
Or so I thought.

I have now found out that I am getting this message when the users LOG ON
not OFF!

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1000
Date:           2004-06-10
Time:           3:28:50 PM
User:           IDIR\BGTANNER
Computer:       NUTMEG
Windows cannot unload your registry file.  If you have a roaming profile,
your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.

DETAIL - , Build number ((2195)).

After I log the user off the profile stays locked in the registry for a
while and then eventually I can manually unload it.

Any chance you have a clue what is going on?

I was trying to use UPHClean but as it only does stuff when they log off
does not help now.

Doug Stratton
Operations Engineering
Workstations Services Branch