[THIN] Re: Oddest Problem Ever

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:24:05 -0700

Out of curiosity Doug what's the profile standard you have there? Are
you using mandatory / flex / standard roaming / local?

Is this issue across the board on all profiles, or just a few end users?

Happens for brand new profiles too?

Happens for Administrators?

What kind of stuff do you see from filemon, or more importantly Regmon
during the login process for an end user w/ the issue?

________________________________

                                Date:           2004-06-10
                                Time:           3:28:50 PM
                                User:           IDIR\BGTANNER
                                Computer:       NUTMEG
                                Windows cannot unload your registry
file.  If you have a roaming profile, your settings are not replicated.
Contact your administrator.

                                DETAIL - , Build number ((2195)).

                                After I log the user off the profile
stays locked in the registry for a while and then eventually I can
manually unload it.

                                Any chance you have a clue what is going
on?

                                I was trying to use UPHClean but as it
only does stuff when they log off does not help now.

                                Doug Stratton
                                Operations Engineering
                                Workstations Services Branch
                                CITS, Solutions BC, Province of BC