[THIN] Re: OT: What's the biggest problem you deal with?

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:50:12 -0000

Everyone has said printing ... profiles are much getting better but still
easily broken. I do miss creating profiles on Winframe though.

The main problems for a (part time admin) that I see are :

The extras aren't quite "there" ... there is always something missing....
Things that just lack that bit of functionality that would make it a no
brainer to buy.

Over priced 3rd party server based computing software ......

Daft licensing models .Don't get me started on the SQL Datastore licensing
with Citrix......and I would love to meet the person who devised the TS Cal.

Citrix being a tad expensive for small to medium sized companies.

(Not just a TS issue) Folder redirection support in Active Directory is
lousy. Yes you can script it or create your own adms... but why it's 1/2
cocked in AD still is beyond me.

Brian and Rons book available to Amazon.com before Amazon.co.uk

Finding others to talk to who have purchased Nfuse Elite (or MSAM) and use

Trying to convince people to implement an Oracle Datastore

:¬)

regards