[THIN] Re: OT: Frame vs ATM

  • From: Dwaine Goings <dwaine_goings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:44:57 -0700 (PDT)

ATM is fast But it will cost try going with a oc12 line

Matthew Shrewsbury <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Next year our contract will be up with our current provider of frame. I have
been approached by a company that provides ATM host to host or host to Internet
access. They say ATM has no CIR and is cheaper as a result.

We currently have 5 sites connecting back to our host site using frame relay
(384 w 192CIR).

From experience has anyone found ATM or Frame to be better then the other?.if
so why?

Thanks for any feedback,

Senior Network Administrator

Dwaine D. Goings
Sr. Network Administrator (MCSE, CNA, CCA, MCP+I)
Go-Technologies Inc.

Yahoo! for Good