[THIN] MSTerminalServices.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "MSTerminalServices.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 07:52:36 -0600

MSTerminalServices.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi THIN List,

New articles added to MSTerminalServices.org last month:

Title: Scripting for Server Based Computing: Part 3 – Citrix Presentation
Server Scripting
Author: Andy Jones
computing administrators to perform some very complex, and sometimes mundane,
tasks with consistency and speed. This article series serves as a look into
leveraging this toolset to simplify the configuration of server and user
settings. Part three of this article series will look at Citrix Presentation
Server’s MFCOM Object. We will explore the settings and properties that may be
managed via VBScript and WMI.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Scripting-Server-Based-Computing-Citrix-Presentation-Server.html

Title: Do I Really Need Citrix for Effective Application Hosting?
Author: Paul Stansel
the Terminal Services improvements. Given the added cost Citrix brings, why not
just use Terminal Services? We'll take a look at where the gaps remain between
the products and why you might be happy with a Terminal Services solution.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Citrix-Effective-Application-Hosting.html

Title: Citrix Client Types: Features and Limitations
Author: Stefan Vermeulen
could look good in the beginning, but turn sour at a later stage. This article
should help you fully understand the consequences of a client type, the
features and the infrastructure needed.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Citrix-Client-Types-Features-Limitations.html

Title: My CPU is at 100%, What Can I Do About It?
Author: Wilco van Bragt
high usage of resources like the CPU. In this article we are going to take a
look at what causes this high usage and what you can do to control the resource
usage.
Link: http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/CPU-100-What-Can-I-Do.html

Title: Running Legacy 16-Bit Applications in a Terminal Service Environment
Author: Brien M. Posey
operating system that has been obsolete for at least ten years, but believe it
or not, there are a huge number of companies that still depend on legacy DOS
applications for mission critical tasks. Unfortunately, DOS applications do not
tend to work well with the Windows Terminal Services. In this article, I will
discuss some of the underlying reasons for this incompatibility. After doing
so, I will then go on to discuss some possible resolutions for the various
compatibility issues.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Running-Legacy-16-Bit-Applications-Terminal-Service-Environment.html

section to unsubscribe.
MSTerminalServices.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © MSTerminalServices.org 2006. All rights reserved.