[THIN] Re: Hybrid Profiles/FlexProfiles

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:21:15 +0100

Claudio-
Drive mappings
Shortcuts to Desktops/Taskbars
Allow/Deny access to Hard Drives (The GPO/registry ways of doing this
are tricky at best)
Assign wallpapers
Cahnge path/environement settings
IE Home Page/Search Page
Message of the day /Message boxes on startup

(Having just peeked at what we use ScriptLogic for in a non-TS
environement)

You should be aiming at 2 things, IMO;
1) Simplifying the stuff that otherwsie has to be donme through
scripots/registry hacks
2) Pulling together the disparate elements that can be available in
different places - TS config tool, AD, GPOs, profiles.

Nick