[THIN] Hybrid Profiles/FlexProfiles

  • From: "Claudio Rodrigues" <crodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:10:24 -0400

Hey guys,

Just want to get some information from you. As I posted here a couple
weeks ago we have been working on a new soon to be released tool called
WTSProfiles.
The tool now has a nice GUI and supports groups/users on local
machines/domains and even settings by computer name and/or IP address.
As of today we basically push registry settings to the user when he logs
in and most common ones are pre-loaded on templates.
What I need to know from you before I release the beta to everyone
interested is what kind of task/setting/etc the tool must allow you to
do. In other words, as I usually do not use hybrid profiles, I am not
sure what you want to have on the tool to allow you to set mandatory
profiles for your users but at the same time push some settings in a per
user basis.
If you could give me examples of what you usually need to go through
when you want to use mandatory profiles I would appreciate.
I am not sure if we are talking about registry settings only or if you
need to push files to the user directory, etc. Send me as much
information and examples as you can as the tool is almost ready and it
will help a lot everyone willing to use mandatory profiles but still
with control in a per user/group basis.

Thanks.
http://www.tarantella.com/ttba