[THIN] Re: Helpdesk Ticketing

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:12:42 -0500

I've used Track-It! for the past 7 years and it has come a LONG way.
V8.0 is, by far, the best version yet, and it does a great job for a
small-to-medium sized help desk.

I would also suggest you take a look at Footprints, which is now a
Numara product. It's 100% web based and 100% customizable.  It can
handle a lot more then help desk ticketing (bug tracking, compliance,
code changes, etc) so it's more in lines with the likes of what Remedy
can offer.  That makes it more expensive, but I believe it's still
cheaper then Remedy.  I was extremely impressed with what Footprints can
do, and Numara is pushing larger customers towards that platform.