[THIN] Help with Publishing Desktop

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:52:58 +1000

Hi

I'm looking to
publish a XenApp 6.5 desktop.  Ive only ever used Published Applications
in the past.  The Desktop launches without any issues.  My question
is in relation to managing Applications.  What's the best way to manage
Applications in a Published Desktop?.  Users can see all the installed
Apps on the server but how would I give granular control.  Eg 1 user needs
App X, I don’t want all users to see App X.  Do I use the receiver which
will allow icons to be created on the desktop?.   Also what if the published
Desktop is launched on Server  1 but the user needs an App on Server 2? Is
there a way for the App to appear on the Published Desktop on Server 1 but the
App launches from Server 2?

Ideally Id like Apps
to be generated on the desktop based on AD user group membership.  What's
the best practice in accomplishing this?

Thanks

Ang