[THIN] Re: Ghost Images

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:47:14 -0700

Precisely my point...  In the end, you're still using the same set of disks
and the same controller...  The only benefit of multiple logicals is each
LUN will have it own queue.  But even then, you can increase the performance
of the controller that hosts one logical drive by increasing the queue
length.

In the end, it really doesn't make sense to create multiple logicals.  And I
blame Dell because they used to ship their servers with 2 logical drives
setup.  That and when they shipped the servers, the first logical would be 4
gigs which was too small for what we were doing at the time.