[THIN] Re: Ghost Images

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:07:30 +1000

Hi Christine

The company I am working for at the moment uses Ghost as their preferred
Regression and DS solution.
They don't do any backups on any citrix servers.

This would be more effective if servers were identical(ie running the same
apps). Scheduling downtime would hence be much easier. But with the imaging, it
blows out any outages by at least 1 1/2 hours.

I have always been a fan of "Pulling a mirror disk" and I always like to have a
tape  backup of my citrix servers. Atleast once a week/month depending on
changes. Oh having a dual OS installation is always good as well.

Cheers

Cherie