[THIN] Re: Flash/Flex Load Testing

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:53:23 -0700

Steve,

This is just due diligence. We have already calculated the network-side
increased bandwidth utilization through packet captures. We saw 500-800%
increased packets using the new development over the old. Now we need to
see what effect this app has under load on the back-end, both the MF
servers and the DB servers. We are already planning to do the load
testing manually by involving 70-100 of our IT and corporate staff, but
I was hoping that there might be some automated tool to help.

Regarding enhancements on the client and/or server-side to justify
upgrades, we need the hard numbers. It's not enough to point out to
management that this is just a bad idea and painful to the users; they
need to see the hard numbers and that's the direction toward which we
are heading. When it's all said and done, we may indeed upgrade to PS4
or even Provision's PMF. But that would be in conjunction with any
available mods to the code to minimize animation and bandwidth
utilization. We are hoping that the cumulative effort may result in an
acceptable product for the end users. That still remains to be seen...

Thanks,

rob