[THIN] Re: Flash/Flex Load Testing

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:04:18 -0700

Jeff,

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, but you
need to understand that this was sold to executive management by
development. As a matter of fact, a department was "preemptively"
released in anticipation of the benefits of the development. There is no
option for change here, or at least not from the perspective of the
application development. The "change" options are likely to be focused
on the client/server-side. They may even consider a rip-n-replace
removing Citrix from the middle and just dropping in 4000 PCs to
accommodate the whiz-bang Flash/Flex application. I know it sounds
somewhat unreasonable, but you have to keep in mind what was sold to
management. They liked what they saw in the prototype running on a
laptop and they want it. So the real questions are how to make it
acceptable and how much will it cost. There is already a perception that
part of the problem is the client and Citrix. Development actually
lobbied for PCs to replace the Winterms at the onset, but it was
considered cost prohibitive then. Once the users start experiencing the
painful "new" app, it may no longer be cost prohibitive. It's definitely
a pickle <g>!!!

rob