[THIN] Re: Flash/Flex Load Testing

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:34:34 -0700

Rob,

I realize you have heard this already and that you won't like this response,
but you should not expect a very good result using a rich Flash application
on Metaframe XP.  If you do not have any load simulator you should be able
to do it by hitting one server manually with some number of sessions and
extrapolating out the results. If you were using PS4 you would get better
multi-media performance and you would the CPU optimization which would keep
each session at a max of about 10-12% of overall CPU. I do not know how
Flash affects CPU but you may need to watch this, if it grabs 100% for each
session you wont have any native tools to prevent that.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453