[THIN] Dialog boxes not being created

  • From: Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:21:52 -0400

I have this issue occasionally, and I have never found a good resolution.
With some users, their apps stop creating pop-up dialog boxes.  If they
disconnect, and reconnect to the session, the dialog box is there and they
can proceed normally.
The box is not being created behind the app, I have verified that. Also when
this does occur the users generally have the latest client.
As a fix I have tried updating the video drivers, updating the client.
Clean RE-installs of the client, and Clean re-installs of Previous versions
of the client.
The only fix we have ever found is to Re-install windows on the cient
machine.

The applications this happens in are an in-house accounting app, and ADP
Timesaver.  I have seen it in one or two other apps as well but not as
often.
I am at a complete loss for what to try next.  The only consistent thing I
have noted is the users seem to all have Intel based graphics cards.