[THIN] Could use some help with Novell/Citrix/Windows issue

  • From: "James Lilly" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 21:35:20 -0500

I've been out of the Novell world for a while, but I've got a strange issue:

Client with MF 3.0, Windows Server 2003, and the Novell Client 4.95 SP5
install in a two server farm.  For some reason, the Citrix servers when
accessed through RDP work fine, and present the Novell login first.  When
accessed through Citrix, clients are presented the Windows login first, and
then the Novell client pops up, claims it cannot log in the user, but works
just fine when presented the same user name and password.

It appears by looking at the registry keys under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
that the Ginas are chained appropriately.

My Google-fu is weak, I can find nothing on this issue at the moment.  Any
ideas other than uninstalling that virus that is the Novell client?

James Lilly

President

Acknowledge IT, LC

Email:   <mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx