[THIN] Re: Compaq aggravation

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:17:27 -0400

Buy an IBM??    :D

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Patten [mailto:pattenj@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 8:44 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Compaq aggravation

I am attempting to install server 2003 on a Dual 500 Compaq DL-380. However
it will not recognize that the machine is dual processor.   I am using
SmartStart 5.3 but no luck.   When I run the Windows install, I get asked
which partition to use and then everything goes automatically.  Any ideas
about how to get windows to see the second processor?
Jason

670,616,629 mph.  Its not just a good idea, its the law.

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba