[THIN] Re: Compaq aggravation

  • From: "Thomas, Jeremy" <Jeremy.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:01:10 +0200

You need to use the MultiProcessor HAL.

I wonder if the problem is not down to SmartStart 5.3 predating Windows 2=
003? Therefore not having the correct drivers?=20

Checked Compaq site. The lowest form of DL380 is 667Mhz processor. Are yo=
u sure you've for the right model of server? It's not a Proliant 1850R is=
 it?

Go to:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1122.html
and download the Support Pack for Windows 2003. There's a good chance tha=
t applying that will fix the problem.

And update the BIOS firmware as Jim suggested.

Regards,

Jeremy Thomas