[THIN] Re: Bandwidth Question

  • From: "Steve Snyder" <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 10:03:07 +1200

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Citrix drop async with 3.0? You'd have
to setup a XP farm to provide direct dial-in.

But as Steve pointed out, why not just use the web? If all they're accessing
is Outlook and your intranet it'd be easy enough to do with OWA.

With both low bandwidth and high latency, there really isn't any way to give
them decent performance.

On 5/6/06, Eilers, Lee (CDC/OCOO/ITSO) (CTR) <lee4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You know, I had forgotten about this kind of connectivity. Had not done it in so long, kind of old school, but you are right, it would help cut out just a little more overhead. I seriously do not think that our security team would allow a server with modem attached on the network, but I forwarded the idea to management just the same.

Thanks!