[THIN] Re: Bandwidth Question

  • From: "Russell Robertson" <russell.robertson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 19:01:38 +0100

I've got offshore platforms using Citrix over satellite on a daily
basis. Granted, the speeds are hitting 384k but it's still satellite and
has the latency.

If the max your getting is 20k, your going to have to strip it down to
the minimum.

Russell
Russell Robertson
Skibo Technologies
The Software Centre
Aberdeen Science & Technology Park
Balgownie Drive, ABERDEEN
AB22 8GU
T: +44 (0)1224 355250

E: russell.robertson@xxxxxxxxx
W: www.skibo.com

Microsoft Certified Partners
Citrix Solutions Advisers
Northern Business Star Awards Finalists 2005

From: Taylor, George gtaylor@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:04:21 -0600
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow, and being CDC you are the guys that really need communications.

Just some thoughts:

Enable SpeedScreen
Lower both your resolution and color depth Disable audio Disable port
mapping If they don't need to print, disable printing.
Maybe look into a packeteer type unit for your home site.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.

  _____