[THIN] Re: Another TS Licensing Question

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:44:58 +1000

Hi Jenifier,

The TS licensing server does NOT have to be a DC if you set a registry pointer
to it on all your TS systems.

See Technote KB239107.

The following policy template snippet will do this for you for win2k:

    POLICY "TS License Server"
    KEYNAME "System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters"
        PART "Default License Server : eg XXXXXX " EDITTEXT
        VALUENAME "DefaultLicenseServer"
            MAXLEN 20
            REQUIRED
        END PART
    END POLICY ; TS License Server

Note Windows Server 2003 is different, refer to Technote KB279561.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems Ltd