[THIN] Re: Another TS Licensing Question

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:28:46 -0800

PS:  This is Windows 2000 Server. :)

Jen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Hooper [mailto:jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 09:12
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Another TS Licensing Question

Hi Guys -

        I have a sticky problem that I have researched over and over and I
can't seem to find a 'simple' answer for it.

        We have set up a Citrix server in our DMZ to host our service
application for a partner.  It has the RSA client and is running 128-bit
encryption.  It's been working really great, but I think I've started to hit
problems with the Terminal Server Licensing.

        That said:  This server is in a standalone workgroup, with no other
member servers.  Soooo... Where do I put a TS Licensing Server?  Can I put
it on my Citrix server?  Or does it have to be on a Domain Controller and a
pinhole in the firewall.  If *that* is the case, what ports need to be
modified for what traffic?

        I'm doing my own research to try to find answers on this, but it's a
challenge.  And of course, the guys in Europe are getting antsy for answers.
Anyone else run into this or similar situation?

Thanks so much,

Jennifer
than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147