[TextEditor-mcc] Re: MUIA_TextEditor_ContentsLen

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:36:55 +0200

Hi Gianfranco,

Gianfranco "ShInKurO" Gignina schrieb:

>> (1) remove your MUIA_TextEditor_ContentsLen change again as I express
>> my doubts about its usability. So please consider to write an
>> MUIM_TextEditor_ExportTextLen method instead if you really need such a
>> functionality. So please do a "svn revert GetSetAttrs.c"
>
> done

Ok, you have reverted ContentsLen, but I can't see the new ExportTextLen
method? Have you finished it already?

>> (3) For the new MUIM_TextEditor_SetBlock you have an "ULONG operation"
>> attribute. What is the purpose of this as I can't see it being used
>> somewhere.
>
> It's explained into autodoc and it's used into SetBlock.c :)

Hmm, ok. Now I see what you are using "ULONG operation" for. However, I
feel this is incorrect. You are using MUIF_#? for the "ULONG operation".
But MUIF_#? defines are meant to carry flags and not operations. In
addition the autodoc do not explain what the "ULONG flags" is then for?
What is the difference between operation and flags there?

> In addition, I can't see the SetBlock.c content. So please
>> do a "svn add SetBlock.c" before submitting the next diff.
>
> Done:)
>
> However, I've yet conflict:
>
> svn: Aborting commit:
> '/ShinKy-Data/Dev/C-AmigaOS/texteditor-mcc/trunk/mcc/private.h' remains in
> conflict

I can't see a conflict in the diff. So simple do a "svn resolved
private.h" and the conflict should be gone.

BTW: I have also already added you as a developer to the TE.mcc project.
So in principle you should be able to commit your changes. However, I
want to get that new SetBlock method better cleaned up. I still have my
doubts about the "ULONG operation" and "ULONG flags" mixup. So please
explain a bit more in detail what the idea is behind that?!?

regards,
jens
--
Jens Langner, Dresden/Germany