[TextEditor-mcc] Re: MUIA_TextEditor_ContentsLen

  • From: "Gianfranco \"ShInKurO\" Gignina" <sh1nkur0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:47:50 +0200

Il 26-Mag-2009, Jens Langner scrisse:

> Ok, you have reverted ContentsLen, but I can't see the new
> ExportTextLen method? Have you finished it already?

Nope, I've must write it yet, few time and too things eheh:-)

>>> (3) For the new MUIM_TextEditor_SetBlock you have an "ULONG
>>> operation" attribute. What is the purpose of this as I can't see it
>>> being used somewhere.
>>
>> It's explained into autodoc and it's used into SetBlock.c :)
>
> Hmm, ok. Now I see what you are using "ULONG operation" for. However, I
> feel this is incorrect. You are using MUIF_#? for the "ULONG
> operation". But MUIF_#? defines are meant to carry flags and not
> operations. In addition the autodoc do not explain what the "ULONG
> flags" is then for? What is the difference between operation and flags
> there?

Yes, operation is what you see into other methods like a flag, I've used
this because in this way who use this method already knows which for
example MUIF_TextEditor_SetBlock_StyleBold is similar to
MUIA_TextEditor_StyleBold, in effect I don't know what could use instead of
MUIF_#?, is there another MUI standard to indicate an operation?
ULONG flag is interpreted differently: if you use
MUIF_TextEditor_SetBlock_Color then method wants a number pen (like
MUIA_TextEditor_Pen), while if operation is a style then method will read
flag like a boolean value...

> I can't see a conflict in the diff. So simple do a "svn resolved
> private.h" and the conflict should be gone.

> BTW: I have also already added you as a developer to the TE.mcc
> project. So in principle you should be able to commit your changes.
> However, I want to get that new SetBlock method better cleaned up. I
> still have my doubts about the "ULONG operation" and "ULONG flags"
> mixup. So please explain a bit more in detail what the idea is behind
> that?!?

Done in this mail, if it exists a better MUI way instead of MUIF_#? please
suggest it to me :)

--
Bye,
Gianfranco "ShInKurO" Gignina