[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:42:52 -0600

We spent the morning contending with a stiff, cold, north wind blowing off the
lake. But the birds did not seem to mind and we wound up with 65 species.  The
white geese are starting to arrive in earnest with a total of around 2500.  122
Greater White-fronted Geese.  We wound up with 13 species of ducks. 10 species
of sparrows including FOS Harris's Sparrow.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S15652159
Jack Chiles. Texas master naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.