[texbirds] The Lubbock Yard list - probably not of interest to everybody

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:25:40 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
I started biding my suburban Lubbock yard on 15 August 2004.  It took me almost
eight years to get to 100 species

So far as I can tell I have added seventeen species to my yard list since I hit
the magic 100 with Summer Tanager on 23 April 2012.  The remainder of 2012
kicked out Neotropic Cormorant, Western Tanager, Bewick's Wren, White-throated
Sparrow, Field Sparrow, Spotted Towhee, and Red Crossbill.  Until today, 2013
had kicked out Snow Goose, Brown-headed Cowbird, White-fronted Ibis, and
Bullock's Oriole.  Five minutes this morning added Northern Shoveler, Northern
Pintail, American Wigeon, Gadwall, Green-winged Teal, and Ruddy Duck and I find
myself at 117 species for a very suburban Lubbock yard.

Maybe, just maybe, I might make it to 120 by the time 15 August 2014 rolls
around - a nice round number for a ten year goal:)

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock