[texbirds] Records

  • From: dennis shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:45:26 -0600

Howdy Texbirders,
I am trying to piece together my old records and post them in eBird.  I
wish I had been as Fred Collins was/is and kept meticulous records, but my
record keeping was erratic in my youth.  Some of the records were posted to
the old  "pink" Spoonbill sent from the OG ...Houston Outdoor Nature Club
(the old folks remember that wonderful pink bulletin we received).  I know
that some of those copies of the Spoonbill rest in the basement of the Rice
Library, but I really would prefer not to dig that deeply.  Does anyone
have record of three Long-tailed Ducks (Oldsquaw) seen at the Texas City
Dike in the late '60s or early '70s??  Also, does anyone have the date of
the Barrow's Goldeneye that was seen in the '90s at the chemical plant out
near the San Jacinto Monument?
Thanks for any help you can give me offline,
Dennis
West Houston
Harris County
--