[texbirds] Lake Travis - Bob Wentz/Windy Point Pk - red-breasted mergansers, loons, horned grebe

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:21:16 -0800 (PST)

I birded Bob Wentz/Windy Point Park on Lake Travis (Austin, Travis Co.) this
morning in hopes of locating several birds of interest, namely the Red-breasted
Mergansers and Horned Grebe that had been reported there recently.  I succeeded
in finding both of those species.  There were also 5 Common Loons and I had 2
American White Pelicans fly-over.  All of the aforementioned birds were to the
SE of the point.  My full list for the morning:
Gadwall  24
American Wigeon  2
Blue-winged Teal  4
Red-breasted Merganser  2