[texbirds] Re: RFI Hooded Warbler song

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:27:07 -0500

Yes, I have a quite a few singing spring migrant males even here just 15
miles away from where they breed,  the westernmost point I know of in North
America (?)..  Nearly always one-two day wonders or less.  I get plenty of
migrants when I am in Port O'Connor on the coast which are sometime
abundant... Anyone that can provide firm evidence of HOWAs breeding west
away from the known area(s), roughly Bastrop Co., would be doing the Texas
record a favor. As mentioned eariler they as breeders are associated with
hardwood mixed piney woods.
Brush

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell