[texbirds] Hummingbird Migration 9/4/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: janhanson2@xxxxxxx, gayyork@xxxxxxxxxxxx, galornsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, samahurin@xxxxxxxxxxx, greenh2o@xxxxxxxxx, sdbuckel@xxxxxxx, cdmoore3@xxxxxxxxx, ackandler@xxxxxxxxxxx, bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx, b_comisky@xxxxxxxxx, ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx, tzinneman@xxxxxxxxxxx, DReedster@xxxxxxx, wehamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hamilton.barb@xxxxxxxxx, brendawson@xxxxxxx, chickadeejt@xxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jr_ridgway@xxxxxxxxx, aaodonel@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:57:13 -0400 (EDT)

The Hummer migration looks to be getting into gear. I have noticed a
significant increase in Ruby-throated Hummingbirds here over the last three
days
but especially from yesterday to today. I suspect there are at least 30 out
 there as of today and maybe more. It is hard to get a good count with many
of  them still using the flowers in the yard. I have yet to see any other
species  here.

On another note the Mississippi Kite chick/juvenile was still here as of
yesterday morning although I have not seen the adults the last 2-3 days. I
have  not seen it today but have been gone a lot.

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County
Galveston Bay Area  Master Naturalist