[texbirds] Re: Least Tern Dallas

  • From: Winnie <wbburkett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: david@xxxxxxxxxxx, dellel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

There were lots of studies of Least Terns nesting on roofs. The main conclusion
of the ones I read was they were often unsuccessful some of the reasons were
overheating from lack of shade, hard rain drowned eggs and chicks or took them
down downspouts and disturbance by humans (often AC repair men caused chicks to
run over the edge).

Winnie Burkett
Friendswood & the Bolivar Peninsula