[texbirds] Re: Least Tern Dallas

  • From: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dell Little <dellel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:57:57 -0500

I had no idea Least Terns would nest on roof tops, a quick search and
checking Birds of North America online shows though its widely documented.
I'm curious, does anyone know of a study of large flat roofs as nest sites
in urban areas? I've thought about doing such a survey here at the
University of Houston because I can get pretty easy access to a lot of bird
roofs.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Dell Little <dellel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now back to the birds. Today, on a quick lunch under the Bush at Valley
> View entrance and exit ramps in Farmer's Branch (possibly) I saw 1 Least
> Tern just SE of Valley View Ln. They historically have nested on warehouses
> just north of this location. That is all. Good Day!
>
> Dell Little
> Arlington, Texas.Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at

David Sarkozi
Houston, TX
(713) 412-4409 twitter ID dsarkozi