[texbirds] Re: Hawk ID Help

  • From: Lynn Lasswell <lynn2207@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:19:14 -0600

Lynn and I wish to thank the hundreds of birders who took time to look
at the photos of the Navarro County hawk.

We especially want to thank those that responded with a suggestion as
to the identity of the bird.  There is a lot of well respected
expertise on this list and you are all very generous to share your
experience and knowledge.

Bill Clark was kind enough to post his reasons for suggesting the bird
is a dark-morph Harlan's.  That certainly fits well with the location
of the bird.

Thank you,

Joan and Lynn Lasswell
San Antonio