[texbirds] Re: Hawk ID Help

  • From: Bill Clark <raptours@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:45:26 -0600

Hi Rick and TexBirders

These photos are not of a dark-morph Red-tailed Hawk adult (it is an
adult because of the dark eyes) because of the whitish areas on the
upperparts noticeable when the hawk is perched. It most looks like an
adult dark Harlan's Hawk, albeit a partial albino one, with such pale
areas on the chest.

Cheers,  Bill Clark

Bill Clark
Harlingen, Texas