[texbirds] Re: Crested Caracara in numbers

  • From: Steve Gast <segast23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:40:37 -0600

I just had 32 Caracara in one grain field which was being disced.  The field is
a mile north and just east of the intersection of FM 362 to the north of Hebert
Road in Waller County.  There were also 15 or more Red-tailed Hawks, several
Northern Harriers and a suspicious distant bird sitting in the field that was
probably a White-tailed Hawk.

Steve Gast
Houston TX