[texbirds] Bentsen Bird Walk 1/22/2014

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:34:11 +0000

Good Afternoon everyone!
Our Bird Walk this morning was pretty slow, with most of the birds at the
Nature Center.  We spent a lot of time there really talking about the birds and
watching their behaviors.  We strolled down the main road towards the Resaca
and picked up some Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers and Golden-Fronted Woodpeckers on the
way.  At the Resaca, we only had a Great Egret and several more Red-Winged
Blackbirds, so we headed down towards the Kiskadee Blind in hopes of seeing the
Black-Headed Grosbeak.  As we arrived, the group leaving the blind said they
had a quick look at the Grosbeak, but it did not return for us.  Next Bird Walk
is Friday morning at 8:30am!

Species

Count

Plain Chachalaca