[texbirds] Crested Caracara roost report

  • From: Greg Lasley <glasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 07:05:23 -0600

I noted a few questions about Crested Caracara roosts in recent TexBirds
comments.I realize that this is ancient history to many folks today, but I
wrote a paper which was published in the TOS Bulletin in 1982 titled “High
Numbers of Crested Caracara Found at Temporary Roost”. This paper discussed two
roosts near Palmetto State Park in Gonzales County on the Christmas Bird Counts
in 1980 and 1982 that each totaled more than 50 birds as Keith Arnold
mentioned. This publication was, of course, before the digital age, but I still
have a hard copy of it. If anyone would like a copy I will be happy to mail it
to them if you will contact me with your snail mail address, or I suppose I
could scan it and send a pdf.

Greg Lasley
Dripping Springs, TexasEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at