[texbirds] Re: Common Crane

  • From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:20:55 -0600

Hi all,
It is my hunch that the cranes are feeding on the waste cottonseed, which
is high in protein and fat. Considering the slow pace at which they graze
through the fields that would be the most logical assumption. Otherwise,
I'm not sure anyone really knows the answer.

Good Grusing,
Justin Bosler
Muleshoe NWR

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 9:33 AM, <jgstudio@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> A good question! It baffled me to seen thousands of cranes in the cotton
> on CR1181. Are they hunting mice? Do they eat cotton seeds? Are they just
> using it for cover?
>
> John Groves
> El Paso

Justin Bosler