[texbirds] Re: Common Crane

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 10:51:00 -0600

There are definitely pros and cons of "old-time" Texbirds, Facebook
Texbirds, and eBird for that matter. Facebook and eBird seem definitely
better for those "chasing", but this listserve is great for providing more
information, and for searching for information. eBird is much more
organized than Facebook Texbirds. Also, on Facebook, sightings may be
posted on Texbirds and/or a regional group like RGVBirds, thus giving two
places to check. Even though not everyone uses eBird, it seems to be used
more and more as the months and years go by. eBird allows one to give more
background information, but again the listserve is much better for "how to
get somewhere", hints of what the birds are doing, etc. Hopefully folks
will use all 3, or at least 2 out of the three, depending on their
interest..
Regards,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX