[texbirds] Re: Bob Sargent

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 17:13:32 -0500

I for sure did not know Bob well, only met him a few times.  Great guy with
a good sense of humor.  At one interface I asked him something in Rockport
and he said something like "Don't trust what I tell you, just refer to my
initialsf"  It took a bit for that to sink in....I remember him letting a
lady hold a hummingbird he had just banded.  As the the lady held the
hummer in her open palm, she totally broke down into steady tears at the
wonder of that small fleck of life being in her hand, to the point that Bob
came around the banding table to hug her tight..It brought us to near tears
seeing this lady so overwhelmed. I could well see the others there with
very restrained wet eyes...I won't any mention names, mine
included......Bob changed lives.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621