[texbirds] Re: Bob Sargent

  • From: Brent Ortego <brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kelly.b.bryan@xxxxxxxxx" <kelly.b.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>, texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 07:09:36 -0500

Sorry to hear.

He was a Great Man and he had a Great Wife (Martha).

I knew them for about 20 years and had the pleasure of visiting with them once
or twice a year at Dan Brown's Hummer House and/or Hummerbird Celebration in
Rockport.  Ocassionally, we shared some Great peaches from Alabama.

It is hard to conceive the many thousands of lives this couple has touched at
their own expense through much of the southeastern United States.  They trained
or assisted dozens of hummbingbird banders and provided an exposure to wildlife
to tens of thousands of people through their banding programs designed for
research and education.

Many of us Texans will be thinking of them everytime we go to Hummerbird.

Brent Ortego

Victoria, TX