[texbirds] Bar-tailed Godwit

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 20:07:39 -0500

Howdy Texbirders,
Wow!  What a day.  Here is a link (
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olddawgler/14878482751/) to my photos of the
Godwit.  Discussion with friends leads us to think this is the European
subspecies.  We watched the bird for thirty minutes and then it flew across
the embayment.  We were able to observe that the white on the rump did not
extend up the back but ended abruptly just above the rump.
Wonderful birds in the last week thanks to some very lucky and observant
birders.  Thanks Dan and Mel.
Dennis
Houston
Excitedly awaiting the next rarity.