[texbirds] Bar-tailed Godwit

  • From: Bob Friedrichs <bird.fried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:56:17 -0500

Bird present at 6:20pm. When we (Bob and Ruth Friedrichs and DeLaine
Briscoe) left, it was still being viewed at about 75 yards by Rex and
Birgit. Best viewed from the bay side (park at Texas A&M CC campus).
Thanks to Harry Forbes and Bill and Ellen Tarbox for putting us on the bird
right away. We viewed it for an hour and a half. Got to see the bird in
flight briefly. Nice European subspecies of the Bar-tailed Godwit.

Bob and Ruth Friedrichs
In route back to Palacios

--
Bob Friedrichs