Topics!!! (Finally...)

  • From: KB3GIO@xxxxxxx
  • To: teennet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:10:22 EDT

Hello Again, Everyone!

Since Spring is a busy time of year for everyone, I did not assign net
control stations yet.  I need net control stations for the following dates:

April 21, April 28, May 5, and May 12.  If anyone can take one of those days,
please contact me either via e-mail, ham radio, or telephone.  In addition,
the Teen Net has the Public Service Net on May 15.  If any of our young
amateur net control stations can handle this, please let me know, too.

Now to our list of topics.  These topics are subject to change with little or
no advanced notice.  I still need topics for other weeks throughout the
summer.  If you are interested in presenting a topic, or have an idea for a
topic, please contact myself.

April 14 - Most Interesting QSO
We've all talked to several people.  But there's always one or two that stand
out.  What is your most interesting conversation, with who, and why?

April 21 - Public Service Activities
Springtime is a busy time for Public Service.  There are events occuring
almost every weekend from the end of April through July.  We will disucss
these events, why amateur radio is needed, and how you can participate.

April 28 - Why You Wanted to Get Involved in Amateur Radio
With all the other hobbies in the world, why did you pick Amateur Radio?
What area seems to interest you the most?  What keeps you from getting bored
and allows you to enjoy the hobby?

May 5 - Pittsburgh Marathon
The Pittsburgh / UPMC Health System Marathon is the biggest Public Service
Event in Allegheny County.  Requiring the assistance of nearly 150 amateur
radio operators, it is evident that amateurs are required to make sure the
event is a success.  Those who participated can describe their feeling and
how they enjoyed the event.

May 12 - Handling Traffic
Guest Speaker -- N3WAV, Bob!  Bob will discuss the amateur radio National
Traffic System (NTS), how to handle traffic, and how to send traffic.  Tune
in for this very special event!

May 19 - Elmering Session
A few times per year I would like to devote an entire net to the "Elmer Net"
style.  Bring all of your questions and knowledge, as we all gather together,
and help each other.  Regular Elmer Net participants, old-timers, and new
hams alike are all requested to participate.

If anybody has any comments regarding these topics, please contact myself.
Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
Josh Gelman
Teen Net Coordinator

Telephone:  412-421-4063 (until 10 PM)
E-mail:  KB3GIO@xxxxxxx
E-mail List:  teennet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Please e-mail me if you wish to send
something to the list)
Amateur Radio Call Sign:  KB3GIO

DO NOT REPLY TO THE SEND-TO ADDRESS.  AGAIN, DO NOT REPLY TO THE SEND-TO
ADDRESS.  PLEASE REPLY TO KB3GIO@xxxxxxxx

Thanks...