[techtalk] Re: Crappy hardware being useful

  • From: Tim Seifert <sir_tim_seifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gavin Kinsey <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:09:06 +1030

_Replying to a message_

By:  Gavin Kinsey <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On:  Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 5:44:02 AM
Re:  [techtalk] Crappy hardware being useful

Hi Gavin,

> What's the worst hardware you have still  performing a useful job?

Hmm, I'm sure my evil M571LMR PC Chips motherboard, with a 333 MHz Cyrix
MII, 190 megs of RAM, on-board LAN, video, and sound, running as my
networks internet connection sharing gateway, mail, and local web server
probably takes the cake.  It's a right bastard.

--
Bye,
Tim (from Modbury, near Adelaide, South Australia).

...I reserve the right to be as hypocritical as the next person...