[techtalk] Re: Looking for Pentium 4 CPU

  • From: Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:28:50 +0000

* Paul Ferguson (paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I too have a large collection of junk ;) Most of it still works, I'm
> reluctant to throw anything out.

Hey, often enough you get enough to piece together and sell for a decent
markup; more than enough reason to keep as much as possible :)

> > Also got my old 1.4GHz Thunderbird and the Epox EP-8KTA3+ spare;
>
> Thats not a bad board and CPU - are you going to be using them ?

Probably ;)

> > I've finally gone ahead and done a little upgrading; an XP2500+
> > clocked to 3200+, a pair of 512MB DDR400 DIMMS, a Gigabyte GA-7N400
> > Pro 2, a Leadtek FX5900XT and a 200GB Seagate 7200.7.  Things are
> > yummy so far :o
>
> LOL - nice :)
>
> Is that the Leadtek card that can have the BIOS flashed to make it an
> FX 5950 Ultra ?

Probably not.  This is the XT, not the standard 5900, although "Auto
Detect" in Forceware's clockrate tools does seem to think it can clock
at some pretty insane speeds.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@xxxxxxxx  -  http://www.aagh.net/