[TechAssist] Re: surface mount micro removal

  • From: "Administration" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:20:53 -0500

I have been using ChipQuick for several years also. I do not do a lot of
surface mount work but when I do for example replace components on the
ctc177 chassis I use it. It really works great and is a must have. I bought
it after a employee of mine tried to remove U 7401 in a 177 tuner  and
totally destroyed the traces on the pcb trying to pull the "desoldered" ic
off of the board. I think I paid about fifteen dollars for it but it removed
a lot of devices. There are a few tricks to working with surface mounts but
they aren't as bad as you think if you use the correct tools.
Jay
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx