[TechAssist] Re: how to restore deleted e-mail

  • From: "David Lessard" <mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:23:58 -0500

Charles, You deleted this from within the OE program or from Explorer? When
you empty your email INBOX the contents get dumped into another folder
called DELETED ITEMS (within OE program). If this is what you did then your
emails are still intact, just in another folder now. If what you did was
delete the contents of the DELETED ITEMS folder, then we have a problem. You
will need a file recovery program to undelete the file which may still be
intact on your hard drive. Don't get your hopes up because if you were using
your computer to move or write new data to the hard drive after the deletion
its quite possible that you wrote over the email data file already. If you
need further help, don't hesitate to contact me, I may beable to help you
out with the recovery process if the damage is not already done.

David Lessard
Alexandria Electronics
mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx
(613) 525-4502